Our achievements for animal welfare
A balanced animal welfare education is the best foundation for propagating lifelong good practice in caring for animals and therefore contributes to their wellbeing. The strong demand for a solid animal welfare education is evidenced by the increasing popularity of our materials.
Education of children and young people
Our greatest achievements are our results in educating children and young people.
- Since 2007 we have distributed over 711.100 copies of our teaching materials.
- Over 3,300 schools and educational institutions throughout Austria have ordered our products since our foundation in 2006.
- More than 7,900 students have taken part in our hands-on Pet Buddy workshops and our expert-led animal welfare classes.
In adult education, "Tierschutz macht Schule" primarily targets influencers. However, the increased number of brochure orders and participants in events such as further education courses and trade fairs bears witness to a growing interest in a balanced and professional animal welfare education in the adult population:
- Since our association was established, more than 60,000 adults have profited from our brochures, in particular those encouraging good practices in cat and dog care.
- Through various regionally-funded projects 8,500 educators have used our teaching materials.
- Around 4,800 people have proactively ordered our materials.
- More than 1,900 adults have participated in different workshops organised by our association.
- Our website had 149,028 visits during 2017.
- In 2017 alone we reached out to 1,200 people through our presence at events and trade fairs, and 350 people signed up for our newsletter.
Watch the Tierschutz macht Schule video clip (duration 2:48 minutes), which was created for the 10th anniversary of Tierschutz mach Schule in 2016. The video is hosted by Kater Klaro, one of the „staff members“ and gives you a glimpse of the profound work that’s been established over the last years.